Big Data Dashboard Reporting Adds Business Intelligence to Capitalize on Untapped Parts Revenue
Last week Enigma introduced our InService® EPC Version 5.5 electronic parts catalog. The new release includes two key features – tablet compatibility and dashboard reporting. It also contains enhanced performance, improved functionality and more detailed administrative control with the ability to broadcast messages to users system wide.
While all the system updates are cause for excitement, one feature creating buzz with top management and executives is the new Dashboard Reporting function, designed for executive-level monitoring. It captures data trends of electronic parts catalog activity and visually represents them in an easy-to-read chart format by highlighting pre-defined key performance indicators (KPIs). Dashboard Reporting arms OEM management with real-time, data-driven insights to optimize aftermarket service and parts revenue.
Jonathan Yaron, CEO of Enigma, describes the Dashbord as “…an important executive management tool that uncovers user trends as the OEM in-house service teams and dealer service teams support complex equipment. It is a real game changer for OEMs looking to improve customer/dealer support and increase aftermarket parts revenue”.
InService EPC Version 5.5 comes pre-loaded with nine dashboard charts that highlight key performance indicators for processes, products, people and purchases:
Processes Trends - Monitor Service and Parts Processes (activity)
- Activity Trend. Utilization of EPC system
- Activity by Role. Utilization of EPC system by job type (user role)
Product Trends – Identify Product Trends
- Top Usage Models. Number of documents assessed per model (high)
- Top Usage Models by Number of Users. Number of users researching each model
- Top Usage Serial Numbers. EPC utilization time by serial number
- Mean Time Work on Machine (S/N) Distribution. Mean time of EPC utilization by serial number
People / Purchase Trends – Influence People and Generate Purchases
- Submitted Carts Trend. Number of shopping carts submitted by date
- Total Amount of Submitted Carts. Value ($) of shopping carts submitted by date
- Abandoned Shopping Carts. Number of shopping carts abandoned by date
The Dashboard Reporting feature lets executives and management:
- Gauge the impact of InService EPC on service and parts business and identify opportunities to capture revenue
- Determine which product models generate the most/least EPC-driven service and parts activity and identify quality and training issues
- Identify which serial numbers are generating the most EPC-driven service and parts activity and identify quality and training issues
- Measure the impact of the EPC system on capturing parts orders/revenue and facilitating online transactions
- Measure the number of lost parts orders due to shopping cart abandonment
The InService EPC Dashboard Reporting feature adds a layer of business intelligence not found in other electronic parts catalog software. It brings clarity and visibility to previously undetected processes and products and gives management the tools to influence people and parts purchases. OEM executives are able to evaluate and optimize aftermarket service and parts processes—those recurring activities that drive the most profitable part of the business.
Dashboard Reporting helps monitor service and parts processes, identify product trends, and track purchases. This allows OEMs with dealer/distributor networks to measure buying habits of those networks while OEMs with their own field service teams to evaluate staff efficiency. The Dashboard helps companies gauge the impact of the EPC system on either dealer or field service and parts business and capitalize on opportunities to realize untapped revenue. It is a real-time, data-driven competitive advantage that helps OEM executives capture more of the aftermarket parts market.
If you’re an existing Enigma InService EPC customer, or if you’re considering moving to an electronic parts catalog from a paper system, contact us to learn more about our Version 5.5 release with the mobility of tablets and Dashboard Reporting.