2012 Most Popular Electronic Parts Catalog Blog Topics
Every field service organization or complex equipment manufacturer uses a parts catalog to support the maintenance and repair of their products after the sale. Some parts catalogs are electronic, some are integrated, and a few are still rocking it old school with paper based systems. But no matter what level of parts catalog adoption is being employed, it’s a universal truth that complex equipment doesn’t get maintained or repaired without accurate, current and proper service and parts information.
Throughout 2012, Enigma has followed a number of complex equipment industries to understand the challenges and successes in leveraging service and parts catalog technology. Increasingly, parts catalogs and extended service libraries are becoming an integral component of aftermarket service, knowledge bases, and customer support efforts. From automotive aftermarket service and parts to medical device field service and OEM/dealer relationships, parts catalog technology is heating up discussions and moving maintenance and field service onto center stage.
Our readers have read, shared and commented on a number of Enigma’s electronic parts catalog (EPC) related blog posts this year. We’ve listed our most popular articles here just in case you missed them. Please take a moment to read through the best of our 2012 posts, and share your own thoughts and opinions in the comments section.
As we move into 2013 we invite you to subscribe to our blog via email or RSS to stay up to date on next year’s hot topics in parts catalogs.
- Service Contracts that Sell Themselves — How Medical Device OEMs Can Gain a Competitive Edge in Field Service
- How Cars are Like CAT Scan Machines — What the Medical Device Industry Can Learn from Automotive Manufacturing
- Helping Field Service Technicians in Offline Mode
- 3 Things Mechanics Know About Your Parts Catalog That You Don't
- Field Service 2012 — Technology to Improve Service Execution and Increase Profits
- E-Commerce Heats Up Discrete Manufacturing -- A Gartner Report
- Fewer Mechanics Fixing Harder Problems
- The Ride of a Lifetime: Medical Equipment Manufacturing, Service, Maintenance and Repair
- OEM/Dealer Relationships — How the Right EPC Can Help or Hurt
- Parts Catalog Helps Parts & Service Staff Cross Sell and Up Sell